wtorek, 17 kwietnia 2012

Chapter four - Big pain in the ass


First thing - Jack and Gibbs are like evil twins brothers! Even if Gibbs is a man of a few words and Jack is like a talkative five year old (and seems to be more like Tony), Jack is irresponsible and he changes his mood constantly while Gibbs is responsible, calm and restrained and... blah blah...

But they both are Marines (even if Gibbs is a special agent now), they both are silver haired foxes, they both were married (and my intuition is telling me that both lost part of their souls - I know about Charlie and I can sense that something similar happened to Gibbs) and of course they both fiercely protect what belongs to them. I mean, they protect their ‘family’, meaning us.

Second thing - We’re sitting in Jack’s office for about an hour now, not talking about this stuff that we came to talk about in the first place. I looked at Jack briefly and cleared my throat, rather surprised that Gibbs was not pressuring us into anything.
“Oh...” Jack gasped looking at his watch. Oh, yeah!
Gibbs just raised his eyebrow like Teal’c.
“We have a small situation here” Jack looked at me and then at Tony.
“Ya think” came the simple, often used riposte from Gibbs.
“Yeah... and since I’m General, Gunny, I need you and your agent to sign this papers if we wan to talk farther” he gave them documents to sign and when they did so, he began his little speech. “Before you say anything and come to conclusion that we are crazy, please don’t. What I’ll tell you is true. It’s top classified data. Just trust us on this” he stared particularly at me for a longer while and  finally said “ Daniel, do honors”.

Oh, so sweet... I looked at my brother and his boss who were waiting for me to speak.
“Just shoot, Danny” and that’s the exact reason for which I began liking my younger bro.
“Short version, we’re not alone. In space are aliens.”
“Just like in ‘X-Files’, ‘Roswell’, ‘Wormhole X-Treme’ and ‘Independence Day?” Tony asked with a goofy smile on his face I was already getting familiar with.

“Yep, Tony, just like that” oh, seeing how this stupid smile disappears from Tony’s face to change in shock and disbelief is something worth seeing. I smiled to myself and continued. ”So... In 1928, in Egypt, there was found a strange, round object. In 1994, the failing egyptologist, yeah, that’s me, helps to make the Stargate - that’s what I called it after translating the hieroglyphs on the cover stones of the Stargate - works.  We found out that Stargate lead to different planets. So, we traveled to from one of these planets to another, met bad or good guys, brought back some souvenirs, saved the world a couple of times, died and been brought back to life a couple of times as well...”

“You’re not...” began Tony looking at me and Jack.
“We’re not” I assured him.
“So...” uh, Gibbs decided to join to us. And I had bad feelings.
“Why on Earth are you telling us all of this?”he asked looking directly at me. His facial expression demanded immediate answer. Geez... Gibbs and his cold gaze that could made temperature in the room just to drop about few degrees down.
Oh, dear! The answer!
It took me a while to raise Jack and I’m afraid that I need to do the same thing with Gibbs.
“Well...” I began quickly. “Someone dropped these docs under my door. We don’t know who and what for. It’s safer for me and Tony to know each other, privately and in the area of our work and come up with some ideas as what to do next and maybe to figure out who and why... Don’t you think, Agent Gibbs?” yes, it could have been sensed in my voice that I actually challenged Gibbs. I dared to look directly into his cold, blue eyes.
“He’s always like this?” well... It’s not what I expected from Gibbs.
“Ye-ah” Jack winced. “He’s stubborn like an ass and in contrast to us, he’s a scientific genius. It hurts to say it, but Daniel is a smartass that can get under one’s skin and then you just can’t pinpoint the exact moment you started to adore him.”
Gibbs and Jack exchanged significant looks.
Jack, one more word and you know personally how big pain in the ass I can be!

“Fingerprints” good... they come back to our case.
“Nada” Jack took sip of his coffee.
Well... It’ll be a long, long day.
Thanks Havens that Tony and I don’t have a hangover, because it would be one hell of day otherwise.
One thing was good - they took information about SGC very well. Ares and Hercules were right - better have Tony and his boss on our side.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Nowe opowiadanie

 A/N: Nie mam pojęcia czy ktoś tu jeszcze zagląda, ale umieszczam post. Zaczęłam pisać nowe opowiadanie, a w zasadzie przerabiam stare. Umie...