wtorek, 17 kwietnia 2012

Chapter 3 - Drunk Pep Talk


When I woke up in the morning I could heard voices coming from downstairs. I blinked several times and rubbed my sleepy eyes. Good thing - I didn’t have a hangover and I remembered that I’m at Gibbs house. Bad thing - I still didn’t know what to tell to Tony and his Boss. Yes, I remembered that I have younger brother.

I got up, put my glasses back and came downstairs to the kitchen.
Holy, crap!
I’m still drunk or I’m hallucinating, cause in room with fireplace, in old armchair was sitting...
No... just no... You must be kidding me!
Hercules in his characteristic war clothes, looking just like young Kevin Sorbo from that TV show, was drinking hot coffee.
“Nice coffee,” he said, not even looking at me.
“Thanks.”
And just now in kitchen door appeared...
Oh, so great!

Ares, looking just like this guy, I don’t remember his name, from ‘Xena: Warrior Princes’.
“You know, I prefer times like this, when we’re in armistice. But of course, I love when we fight. It’s siblings thing, right?” said Ares and looked at me. ‘Oh, good morning. Coffee?” he asked me with simile - YES, smile!
“Oh, don’t be like this, it’s your dream,” Hercules grabbed me and sat in couch between them. I’m not small and tiny guy but I didn’t feel good right then, sitting between immortal god of war and immortal demigod.   
“What do ya think? Which of them is bad boy?”
“Ares, please... they not like us.”

“But Herc, where’s fun when both of them are good guys” Did Ares just called Hercules - Herc? I blinked twice.
“Key... we here because it’s your dream and you’re drunk and confused and...”
“Drunk.”
“I said that, don’t interrupt when I’m talking ‘cause I lose my thought,” for the second I feared that they start fighting. I saw Ares eyes flinch, but he remained calm.

“Where I was? Ah...” Hercules looked at me with polite gaze and searched for a while what he’s should tell me. “Danny, may I call you Danny?” he asked and smiled when I just nodded. “Well... first of all, you need to find out who send you this file. Second - trust your brother and protect him. You will need each other, for sure. As for the fact, what you should tell him - just tell him the truth. Sooner or later you need to do that.  He needs to know because someone can hurt you because of that. Your brother, if he’ll find out that from another person, will fell betrayed and you can’t lost his trust.”

“Things drop to hell and it won’t be nice. Idyll burst like a bubble,” Ares gave me his piece of mind with his hands and evil smile that danced on his face. He clapped his hands and next thing I was chained to the wall in dark  room, cold, wet and stinking of sulfur. Opposite me was standing Tony and his eyes were glowing gold.
He began laughing so hard and diabolically that it hurt my ears. Just then something started to come out of Tony’s tummy. I closed my eyes as a cold shiver went through my body. I swallowed saliva with difficulty and unsteadily I opened one of my eyes just to see...

“Oh,” I gasped seeing an alien just like in ‘Spaceballs’ that... that... that... uh... began to dance and sang the song ‘Hello my baby’. Then chains that held me disappeared and I lost my balance and felt to the floor with loud ‘bang’.

“Argh..” I opened my eyes just to find out that I’m on the floor in Gibbs guestroom.
I stood up too quickly and had to hold on nightstand to not meet with floor again.   I looked around. It was nice room with basic furniture that I was used to. In some way this house remained me of Jack’s cottage by the lake. And again I had this funny feeling that Jack and this Gibbs guy are alike, like evil twins. I looked at myself. Uh... Gibbs left me in my boxers and t-shirt. But I couldn’t see my glasses or phone.   

Then I could heard some noise from downstairs. I hoped that isn’t any god or superhero. I grabbed my jeans that was laying on old chair, put them on and carefully went to the kitchen only to meet with strong aroma of the freshly brewed coffee. Oh, how good this smelled. How I liked good coffee and a lot seemed to prove that Gibbs was expert in this area.
“Mornin’,” I said when he looked at me behind his glasses and newspaper that he was holding.

“Coffee,” he nodded and get up to make me a cup of his great liquid.
“I think that now I would like it with cream and sugar, one teaspoon if I may,” I sat myself at the table. I looked at the room, where in my dream were sitting Hercules and Ares. Now on couch was sleeping my little bro. How crazy and strange that sounds to me. My attention was back to Gibbs, who put cup of hot coffee in front of me and lay my phone and glasses on the table.
“You better call this Jack if you don’t want see him here,” he said and sit back at his chair.
“Yeah...” I took deep breath, then sipped my coffee and next made my call. I dialled Jack’s number and waited.

“Where the hell are you, Daniel? Why you don’t call? What happened?” he yelled at me and I just could see Gibbs doing this Mona Lisa smile. Just great!
“Calm down, Jack.”
“Calm down, calm down! You know how worried I was that something happened to you?! For your post I was worried like hell!” Oops... Jack was mad like hell and again.
“Jack...” I began. This day will be long and painfully bad. My head start throbbing me, so I put my hand and began to massage it. “I’m at Gibbs house, he’s Tony’s boss. I’m safe with two federal agents. We had a chat and we...” maybe I don’t tell Jack about this? “We were drinking...” I whispered.
Jack laughed, oh... yes, I just can see his face now.
“Jack... I need this doc’s for them to sign,” I told him in one breath.
“Oh, you sure?”
“Ye...ye-yeah...” I looked at Gibbs who fixed his curious gaze on me.  “We don’t know who and what for send me this things and it’s better if Tony heard all this from me,” I pointed this knowing that this convinced O’Neill.
“So... come to Pentagon and we tell them, cause I knew that this all Gibbs wants to know too,” Jack suggested gently and I knew that he’s right.
“We’ll be in an hour,” I answered and  finished our conversation.
“Great...” I sighed heavily, looking at my sleepy brother who appeared in kitchen door.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Nowe opowiadanie

 A/N: Nie mam pojęcia czy ktoś tu jeszcze zagląda, ale umieszczam post. Zaczęłam pisać nowe opowiadanie, a w zasadzie przerabiam stare. Umie...